PAN (Permanent account number) Card is one of the most crucial cards for identification, issued by the Indian income tax department.
It has a unique 10-digit number which is used in transactions and it is also used in terms of taxes, also helps the government so that they can easily monitor your financial transaction.
PAN card contains your essential information including your name, date of birth, and distinctive PAN card number.
The main objective of a PAN card is to ensure that all taxpayers have a unique number that helps to track their transaction details.
It is also necessary for various purposes such as opening a bank account, conducting significant financial transactions, filling income tax returns, and purchasing high-value assets.
Let’s discuss the importance of having a pan card: As we discuss above the primary purpose of a pan card is to serve as a unique identifier for individuals and help to seamlessly flow financial transactions.
It helps the government to track individual financial activities and tax liabilities, pan cards also prevent tax evasion and black money.
PAN cards also require in many activities like opening bank accounts, buying and selling property, and making high-value investments.
It is also useful for availing government schemes. If you want to start a business or startup in India you need a pan card. It also helps to maintain business finance.
A Pan card is a necessary document for taking a bank loan or applying for a credit card.
If your income touches the tax limit, you must file income tax returns, PAN card is a mandatory document for filing income tax returns and getting tax refunds, if applicable.
To apply for passports and in some entrance exams PAN card is necessary it acts there as an identification card.
Having a pan card promotes digital transactions it leads to the removal of cash payments.
Pan card plays a crucial role in preventing money laundering or fraudulent activities because cardholders have completed their KYC(know your customer) process. Pan cars are also essential for foreign transactions.
How to Apply for PAN Card?
- Visit the Official Website: First you visit the official NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited) or UTIITSL (UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited) website for PAN card application.
- Choose the Form: Then you select the appropriate form, Form 49A for individuals and Form 49AA for entities other than individuals.
- Fill in the Form: After selecting the form provide all its required details like name, date of birth, address, contact information, and other required information accurately.
- Attach Documents: Attach a copy of proof of identity (Aadhaar card, passport, voter ID card, etc.), and proof of address (Aadhaar card, passport, utility bill, etc.) for all individuals after the form is filed correctly. Do it.
A recent passport-sized photograph. For entities, attach relevant documents like registration certificates, partnership deeds, or trust deeds, along with photographs and identity/address proofs of authorized signatories.
- Pay the Fee: After completing all the formalities pay the processing fee for the PAN application online through debit/credit card, net banking, or demand draft.
- Submit the Form: After completing the application and payment, submit the form electronically. You’ll receive an acknowledgment receipt with a unique 15-digit acknowledgment number.
- Wait for Processing: The processing of PAN applications generally takes 10-15 working days. You can check the status of your application using the acknowledgment number on the official website.
- Receive Your PAN Card: Once the process is completed, the PAN card will be dispatched to the address provided in the application form.
- Verify Details: Upon receipt of the PAN card, verify all the details to ensure accuracy.
As we all know that PAN card is very important for our economic life, if you also want to make or apply for your PAN card, Digital Seva is at the forefront to provide you with this facility.
We are India’s most trusted Digital Seva Kendra. We have a wide range of digital seva such as Adhaar cards, Pan Card, tax filling, and more than 50+ at very affordable costs.